"Red Hot" Sausage
Colleen's Red Hot & Zucchini Microwave Casserole
- 3 cups chopped zucchini
- 5 onions, sliced thick and separated into rings
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1 inch strips
- 8 oz Katahdin Cheddar Cheese, cubed
- 6 ounces Hunt's tomato paste
- 1 pkg Red Hot Sausages, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Parmesan cheese
Combine zucchini, onions and water. Microwave on high until the zucchini and onions are tender. Add everything but the Parmesan cheese and parsley and microwave on high until the green peppers are tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes before serving.
Dan's Spicy "Red Hot" Appetizers
- 1 package Red Hot Sausages
- 1/2 bottle Mirin Cooking Wine
- 6 tablespoons sesame oil
Slice the Red Hots and saute until they are heated through and slightly browned. Drain the fat. Add the Mirin and sesame oil and cook until a syrup is formed which coats the sausage pieces.
Serve with toothpicks for appetizers.
Lizzie's Red Hot Chili
- 1 pkg Red Hot Sausages, sliced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb can red kidney beans
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup flour
Cook the onion in oil until soft. Stir in the Red Hots and ground beef. Cook slowly until the beef browns, stirring as necessary. Add everything but the flour. Cover and simmer for 2 1/2 hours, adding water if necessary.
Blend the flour and a small amount of hot liquid from the chili to make a paste and stir into the chili to thicken.